Sunday, December 12, 2010

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens . . .

Now that I have finished Derek's safari quilt (don't worry, there will be pictures of the finished product up soon!) I decided that it was time to make one for myself.  I wasn't able to settle on a pattern because there are just so many things that I love and that is why I decided to make a "my favorite things quilt".  It is going to be a combination of patchwork, applique and embroidery using my favorite fabrics, patterns and designs.  The first two squares are an applique teacup, and pair of owls holding hands (or wings, rather). I finished them up this weekend because really, who studies for finals anyway? Hehe.   The owls are in an 18" square and the teacup is in a 10" square.  One of my favorite parts of this quilt design is that it will be made up of all different sized squares that are fit together with different patchwork strips and borders to add to the quirky, eclectic feel :)


1 comment: