Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gemma's Minnie Mouse pillowcase dress (and headband!)

"pillowcase dresses" have been around for a while now and are pretty simple to make, but I had never made one and decided to make a Minnie Mouse themed one for my friend's baby girl, Gemma.  Gemma (and her parents) happen to live in Florida and I didn't have her to model the dress, so I had to put it on my build-a-bear monkey (who is, in all normal situations, a boy.  hehe).   The dress was pretty simple to make, but I really enjoyed playing with the different stitches on my machine and used a fun stitch that looks like a string of bubbles to secure the yellow ribbon to the dress.  I also found a Disney font download, so I was able to monogram her name just like Minnie Mouse!  





No comments:

Post a Comment